Friday, April 20, 2007

The Blue Sock



Does anyone recognize this blue sock?

The reason I ask is, it's been floating around our house now for well over a year, maybe two years, and Robert and I have never discussed this blue sock until tonight. I had finally had it with "the blue sock" and I went to him, held it up, and asked, "Ok, is this YOUR sock?" and he promptly replied, "No, I thought it was yours." I likewise promptly replied, "No, it is not mine, I thought it was yours."

This sock has been bouncing around from dresser to dresser for a looooong time now, and the poor thing has never had a mate to go with it. He insists it must be mine, but I swear, I don't have a clue about this sock.

George Carlin always said that all those things you lose throughout life go to this big pile in heaven, and when you die, you get all these things back. They include such things as lighters, sunglasses, keys, and of course, SOCKS. Well, what he failed to tell me was that occasionally, a sock drops DOWN from heaven and just appears in your house, desperately searching for a home and a mate.

I'm sorry to say that, even though this sock is in desperate need of a home and a mate, I'm tired of "the blue sock" and I think it's going to get shit-canned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I have the mate to that SOCK!

Just kidding LOL!

I think a blue trash can might be just the thing that socks needs.

Hee hee hee

your too funny Carole...