Thursday, May 03, 2007

I can't take one more bit of bad news

This has been the year of bad news and terrible things. If you don't want to read a downer post, stop reading now.

1. My Grandma died on March 15. That was the worst of all. My Mother is still crying day and night, and I am struggling to figure out how to comfort her.

2. My "pseudo" sister-in-law's father had a stroke last week. I found out yesterday that his cat scan came back and he has 2/3 of one side of his brain damaged. He won't be speaking again, and he probably won't be with us much longer.

3. Tyler's teacher, Ms. Gina (whom I love and adore) found out about a month ago that she had breast cancer. It was contained in her milk duct. She had surgery this past Monday. They had to take out more than they originally thought they would have to (i.e., she doesn't have much of a boob left). Today, I find out that the test that they run after a surgery such as this, came back saying that they might have to go back in for more surgery, and they are also now recommending chemo. She was supposed to only have to undergo radiation. I heard through the grapevine that Ms. Gina said that she may decide to have them "just take the whole thing" which means mastectomy on one side. Needless to say, I welled up with tears when I heard that this morning.

4. A lady in North Carolina---who is a friend of a very long-time friend, and Mother and I know her via email, and love her to death even though we've never met her---emailed us this morning to tell us that her cat scan came back and she has spots on her liver and spots on her lungs, and they are recommending chemo and radiation. Her family is terrified. She said she is shell-shocked. Here's to praying for her and her family.

5. One of my Mother's good friends that she has worked with for years--her Mother died unexpectedly on Apr. 20. We will attend her memorial tomorrow night.

6. A lady that Robert works with--her brother was killed 2 weeks ago in a freak motorcycle accident. I think something flew off the back of a truck and hit him.

7. Another of our friend's grandmother died 2 days ago.

8. Robert's son tried to commit suicide a couple of weeks ago by ingesting bleach, drano, rat poison, Tylenol PM, and sleep aids.

I don't like very much of 2007 so far. It is all just too painful.

1 comment:

katertoter said...

I am so sorry. You must really be having a hard time. I hope you find comfort and peace soon. Hopefully the rest of 2007 will be brighter.