A great Christmas was had by all, but I’m exhausted. And Tyler started getting sick on Saturday, Dec. 23. He’s worse today. I'm seriously considering getting him into the doctor tomorrow. He is just not well. Won't eat. Runny nose. Coughing constantly when he goes to lay down. Well, not *constantly* but last night, it was 10:30 before he finally fell asleep. I heard him cough a few times during the night, but no telling how much he actually coughed because I might not have woken up. Today for his nap, of course I could hear more, and he coughed and coughed and coughed and finally he'd fall asleep, only to wake up 15 minutes or so later with another bout of coughing, then back to sleep for a little while, then the same thing all over again. I finally went in his room around 4:20 and got him up. I don't think he was sleeping because he sat up pretty quick and said, "Good morning." Sweet Baby. I said "No, good afternoon!" All he's wanted to do since then is lay on the couch and watch tv. He is just not feeling well. I am seriously doubting that it's croup. I think it's bronchitis, which as you know, requires antibiotics, not steroids.... we'll see how he does tonight.
Tyler made out like a bandit this year. A car from Santa (coupe) that you push with your feet. He loves those cars when we’ve seen them elsewhere, and he has always played on them, so I’m glad Santa brought that to him. A race track from Rick, huge train set from Daddy, TJ Bearytales from Santa at Nana and Poppy’s house (he reads him stories), 2 Colorforms (Thomas the Train and Backyardigans), talking robot with alphabet, numbers, and songs, Thomas stickers, Go Diego Go dominos, many books (too many to list), coloring books, crayons, Madagascar DVD, new Numbers puzzle, firetruck, wind-up animals as stocking stuffers, Solarscape floor puzzle (huge!), clothes, new Thomas the Train shoes. The list goes on.
I got a Palm Pilot! I couldn’t believe it. And a Hoover Floormate (I pretty much knew about that one), new lighter, a 6-quart crock pot, underwear, socks, camcorder tapes, soap, sweatsuit from Dad and Carol. My list goes on as well.
All in all, it was a very nice Christmas, but I must say, I’m exhausted. It was almost like having 4 Christmases. One at Robert’s parent’s house 8 days before Christmas, then the Sat. before Christmas, it was celebration with Laura Marie, Sammy, Phil, and Rick. Mother was here too. Then Christmas morning, our celebration, then that afternoon/evening at Mother and Fred’s house for more opening presents! Whew! All done for another year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good thing you guys aren't spoiled! ;)
Try some Mucinex Cough for Kids. Worked MIRACLES for us yesterday. Until it wore off.
Post a Comment